Sunday 12 February 2012

Weight Watchers and chips

As you can see, I have received my very own personalised invitation to return to Weight Watchers. I used to go to Weight Watcher meetings a few years ago and went through the weekly humiliation of being publicly weighed. My confidence in the Weight Watchers meetings somewhat collapsed when following the pre-Christmas weigh-in the organiser sent out for chips. Actually the system used by Weight Watchers was more-or-less the one I have used to shed the 6 stones in six month, involving counting calories (or points) and having a strict daily limit. So it probably can work; but keeping it off is the challenge.

Without Weight Watchers I managed to lose 36.2 bags of sugar.


3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Fat Fighters from little Britain with the group leader eating cake behind the projector screen saying 'I looove de cake'
    (It's Beth by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... but for some of us Tim it is a great way to lose weight (it may not be as fast as yours) but as we all know slow and steady is the best way to ensure it stays off, there is nothing wrong with chips, this is where 'dieting' is so wrong, with WW's you can eat 'anything' so long as it is within your range of points, WW's promotes 'healthy/normal' eating, something which has sadly been lost to so many over the years. Also in my years (on and off several) there has Never been public weighing (just yourself, the leader and the Scales) - you only share your loss/gain with the group,if you chose to stay and engage, and have always found everyone supportive and friendly.
    P.S. I am not a WW's 'spokesperson' just feel they do a great job for so many. and the comparision to Fat Fighters is cruel though funny of course.
    By the way you look amazingly good, very well done.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you; the blog was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I have used the ww model to get rid of my weight. And yes the groups are amazingly supportive. I have eaten and drank anything I have wanted (a cream cake every day for instance) so long as I stay within the prescribed points. I apologise if I seemed to be poking fun at weight watchers, I did not mean it really as their methods are the best. I have struggled with weight issues since my early 20s and now having got rid of it all can't really believe it! Thanks for taking the time to respond, I do appreciate it.

      Delete