Sunday 1 April 2012

Chester & North Wales CTC Spring Tourist Trial 2012

Palm Sunday and once again I get on my bike and complete the Chester and North Wales CTC Spring Tourist Trial. It is an excellent event and supremely well-organised. I have done this course many times now; it starts from the scout-hut in Kinnerton and has the lunch break in Overton Village Hall. The food at Overton is sumptuous. Today the weather was perfect for cycling. A slight tail wind took us out to Overton, although this meant a relatively hard ride back. But the terrain makes for easy cycling and this proved to be far from the most difficult ride I have done this year. Nevertheless I find this tourist trial the ideal way to start the Easter holidays.

The feeding-station at Overton.

They even have marshalls to keep an eye on your bike whilst you eat cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment