Friday 6 April 2012

DIY Audax ride: Caerwys - Bala - Caerwys

I kept up with my personal challenge of riding a 100km+ ride in every month of the year: four down, eight to go. Today I planned a route from Caerwys to Bala, and back. The outward route went via Ruthin and Corwen, then using the quiet roads to the east of the River Dee down to Bala. The return was to Fron Goch then a long climbing section eventually passing Llyn Brenig and finally by way of Henllan and Tremeirchion back home. Nic and I completed the ride in under 6 hours; I felt strong all the way to Bala, but the return leg showed the limits of my fitness, although I finished easily enough. The high point was the awesome full Welsh breakfast in Bala; maybe that accounted for my slower return time. Here is that breakfast:
A breakfast for a king.

The weather was almost perfect for cycling, although the sides of the road and the hills showed the remains of the snow storms that hit North Wales earlier this week.

Me with me with my fancy yellow saddle.

....and there was Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment