Thursday 19 April 2012

Time trialling and me.

Signing on in the shadow of the church
I have not time trialled in a decade and certainly did not imagine I would ever do it again. This spring - feeling fitter than ever - I have once again pinned the orange number to my shirt and hammered down the road. When I last time trialled I was at least 3 stones heavier, if not considerably more. I think I assumed therefore that I would find the races much easier and get Personal Bests each time I took part. The first race up the Rhuallt Hill went according to that plan; even the horrible weather did not prevent a 'PB'. But the last two races over 5 and 9 miles have shown that age is equalling the weight loss and my times have not been markedly different from years ago. In fact on the 5 mile course I was 46 seconds slower that my best, and for the 9 mile event some one and a half minutes slower. Now those times were set on warm nay balmy evenings after months of time trialling, so I will keep trying to see if I can get back to that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment